I’ve been wanting to attend conferences for developers and on November 13-14 the biggest developers in the Philipines held its second summit and it’s a plane ride away from home—I was on high again.
What I’ve learned from the conference (aside from handshaking and saying to speakers that they did a good job):
- Prepare business cards (lotsa!)
- Constantly talk your ideas
- Why open source prevails? Because human is kind by nature; we’d rather contribute for the goodness than making the cause of someone’s downfall.
- “Great support, great communication that translates your knowledge to the clients.”
- Your dorm mate might be one of the speakers!
- Mantra in development: “Immutability, decomposability, distributed, continuous”
It was a nice experience overall despite that…
Why no WordPress in the dev community lists? We need to seriously step up the community of WordPress in the PH. We’re the 25% u know.
— Dreb Bits (@drebbits) November 13, 2015